Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Update (I know it's a little late)

Things got a little out of whack with the garden. Well more with my foot. I put a pick ax into it the middle of April. Luckily the garden hasn't suffered too much. Major shout out to Mickey for helping quench the thirst! Here's what's going on:
























The corn has sprouted! I'm not sure how well it's going to grow inside, but I figured it's worth a try.































Tobacco is flowering! The second round of plants has started to bloom. While the initial group is struggling a bit. They got moved a little further from the main light and weren't too thrilled about it so I moved them outside in a nice sunny spot. Unfortunately we've had some crazy weather in the last week and they might not make it. But I'm holding out hope.























This is a flower from the Peruvian Purple Pepper. I love this plant. The leaves were purple, the flowers are purple and the pepper should be purple too. It add a little color to an otherwise green canopy.






























Cukes! These have been really interesting to watch grow. They took a while to get going but then just went to down. There are a TON of flowers growing with a few fruits already developing. This is one that I'm glad to be having success with so far. I could eat cukes all day long























Tomato flowers! Finally! After many long months I think that I've pleased the tomatoes and they have started flowering. In the end I think that I'm just going to have to move the fluorescents to a different spot because I think they were messing with the sleep cycle of the plants. Probably move them upstairs.























Here is a couple of over all shots.























Hopefully it won't be so long till my next post. I think that the next is going to be a detailed account of whats worked and why and whats failed and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment