Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Indoor Sprout

So as this is the first blog post here I'm going to give you all a little background as to what it is that I do. In the end of 2008 I started an indoor organic vegetable garden. All of the plants that I have I started from seed and have had fairly good success all around.

Right now it's all set up in my dining room. There is a 250 watt HPS for the main garden and a bank of 4 compact fluorescents for the starts and leafy greens. The majority of the plants are in soil, but I am also experimenting with some hydroponic operations.

Here's a quick run down of what I'm growing right now (I'm sure I'll forget something):
Roma Tomato
Oregon Spring Bush Tomato
Martian Giant Tomato
Yellow Cherry Pear Tomato
Green Bell Pepper
Orange Bell Pepper
Jalapeno Pepper
Peruvian Purple Pepper
Cheyenne Pepper
Hopi Ceremonial Tobacco
Schrezi Tobacco
Arugula
Cilantro
Chives
Cascadian Snap Pea
Celery
Broccoli
Turkish Orange Eggplant
Spinach
Snap Bean
Mideastern Cucumber
Radish
Various Lettuce
Thai Basil
Red Basil

I encourage anyone with questions to either post them in the comments or just shoot me an email. I intend to answer any question that's thrown my way, and if I don't the answer now I will shortly so please be patient.

And to wrap up this introduction, here are some pictures of the operation:




No comments:

Post a Comment